Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday - February 13

KaysLittleKorner
thankful thursday

My day started at 3am with my youngest waking me to tell me she barfed all over her bed. The day has gone down hill form there with 3 of the 5 of us sick. I am so discouraged, so you know what that means - be still and give thanks to God for the blessings in my life.

I am thankful I went to sleep at 8:30p last night. I am thankful everyone slept fairly well last night. I am thankful my husband's job is flexible with when he works his hours. I am thankful for coffee and pills to combat a headache for me this morning. I am thankful my sickies aren't miserable. I am thankful we can have breakfast for dinner tonight so there's no prep and no defrosting food we may not use. I am thankful for friends who pray for us when I cannot find the words to do so myself. I am thankful I am over my cold from last week; I am thankful it never got very bad. I am thankful I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I am thankful I memorized that verse long ago. I am thankful for the flexibility of homeschool; I seem to add this every week. I am thankful my porphyria is stable and that I am not battling health issues of my own. I am thankful my first pregnancy stabilized my health; it was a double blessing for me getting a daughter and health. I am thankful that with all the sick my husband has lived through this winter, he has always been able to keep his anti-rejection meds down; such a huge blessing for a post-transplant patient. I am thankful for the blessing of music that points me to God and reminds me to rely on Him all through my days. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man. :( Is there anything we can do to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pray. Like you, life has just been hard this winter and I am struggling to not get overwhelmed by all the hard.

      Delete